Marketing Associate (Customer Experience)
It’s an exciting time to be part of IFF, we are looking for a Marketing Associate (Customer Experience) to become part of our industry-leading Marketing team, based in Lagos/Nigeria.
Customer Experience Marketing Team works with the vision of driving growth across all categories and develop high impact and locally relevant customer experience.
The Customer Experience Marketing Associate will be tasked with the development and delivery of local market insights through an outstanding and uncommon customer experience. Key responsibilities within Customer Experience Marketing include local engagement with customers, bringing forward the trends, opportunities, initiatives and targeted local marketing promotions, and creative, impactful communication.
• To drive local engagement with customers with powerful storytelling, compelling ideas, and meaningful ways to connect
• To support pro-active and reactive customer-driven projects in a way that significantly increases the chances of generating and/or winning business opportunities
• To be a strategic partner for AMETI (Africa, Middle East, Turkey and India) by bringing forward local insights, trends and identifying opportunities, and relevant initiatives
• To deliver creative and impactful communication that is on brand and improves the image of IFF internally and externally.
This is achieved through:
• Market analysis and the generation of insights on markets, new potential customers, brands, food and beverage products and flavors and associated recommendations for the business
• Select and roll-out of strategic growth initiatives to relevant customers
• Marketing communication and event management when needed (exhibitions, conferences, food safaris, communication planning etc.)
• The creation of compelling marketing material for IFF commercial team and external customers, while coordinating with and integrating presentation inputs from internal cross-functional peers (e.g. technical inputs into a customer presentation). Marketing material includes but is not limited to proactive presentations based on category opportunities, reactive presentations based on customer needs, trend reviews, one-pagers, brochures, innovation days, videos
• Interaction with external customers on a regular basis, demonstrating in a convincing way how IFF´s capabilities can benefit their business.
• Extensive cooperation with internal cross-functional peers.
You will be ambitious, proactive, challenging and want to embrace and deliver change.
You will have an ability to have real category insight, be curious about markets and consumers, demonstrate passion for taste, food and beverages and therefore produce uncommon presentations that have commercial relevance along with innovative ideas that create an experience. Good presentation skills and being comfortable when presenting to customers is a prerequisite.
A real “Passion for food and drink”, as well as good people skills to be able to lead by influence are essential to be successful to this role.
• Degree in Marketing or Business
• Previous marketing experience, B2C or B2B, in food ingredient industry or FMCG
• Fluent in English and target market’s language
• Strong communication and presentation skills
• Experience in market analysis, communication campaigns, concept development and event management
• Ability to digest marketing information from numerous sources as well as data sources, create logical arguments and apply it relevantly, to determine direction and future idea focus.
• Ability to interact and influence multiple departments to ensure that customer needs are met
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize
• Can-do attitude, ambitious, proactive and ready to embrace and deliver change
• Team player – willing to share knowledge and collaborate with others within and outside marketing