DescriptionJob #: req22642
Sector: Administration/Office Support
Term Duration: 3 years 0 months
Recruitment Type: Local Recruitment
Required Language(s): English
Preferred Language(s): French
Closing Date: 6/1/2023 (MM/DD/YYYY) at 11:59pm UTC
IFC—a member of the World Bank Group (WBG) — is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in emerging markets. We work in more than 100 countries, using our capital, expertise, and influence to create markets and opportunities in developing countries. In fiscal year 2022, IFC committed a record $32.8 billion to private companies and financial institutions in developing countries, leveraging the power of the private sector to end extreme poverty and boost shared prosperity as economies grapple with unprecedented levels of uncertainty and volatility. For more information, visit www.ifc.org.
The IFC Lagos, Nigeria office is looking to recruit a Driver. This position reports to the Lagos Country Manager.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for driving safely and efficiently IFC vehicles and authorized passengers to approved appointments, airport collections, project visits, and wherever necessary as specified by the Office Administrator.
- Responsible for delivery and collection of mail, documents, and other items as may be agreed with the Office Administrator.
- Ensures that all safety regulations, security operating procedures, and standard UN procedures are followed and met at all times for all intra and inter-city transport services. Ensures that all mandated security-related equipment is present and operational in the vehicles at all times and that all required documentation is present always. Responsible for following all steps required by rules and regulations necessary in the case of accidents or other incidents involving IFC vehicle or its passengers.
- Access necessary software applications and carry out instructions given as appropriate.
- Responsible for monitoring all vehicles for prompt scheduled maintenance and report all general performance of vehicles to the Office Administrator.
- Responsible for keeping vehicles clean on a daily basis, externally and internally, including the engine compartment. Also checks general wear and tear of exterior and interior fittings of the vehicles and report to the Office Administrator.
- To inspect vehicles daily for tire pressures, engine oil, brake fluid, radiator, coolant, fuel level, battery water level and any other requirements.
- Ensure that all vehicles are equipped with a spare tire(s), tool kit, jack, wheel spanner, tow rope, jump leads, a set of necessary fan belts, fire extinguisher and first aid tool box.
- To accurately log all mileage covered (using the vehicle movement log sheet provided) and state reasons for any journeys made and ensure Office Administrator signs off the authorizations of all vehicle movements.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by the Office Administrator.
- Minimum of secondary school diploma or equivalent.
- At least 5 years driving experience; defensive driving skills training will be an advantage.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Fluency in French (spoken and written), English knowledge will be an advantage.
- Good knowledge of the city of Lagos and other surrounding areas.
- Good driving record references.
- Proactive, takes ownership, mature, flexible personality.
- Team player, good people skills, ability to work with people from different countries, and a strong client focus.
World Bank Group Core Competencies
The World Bank Group offers comprehensive benefits, including a retirement plan; medical, life and disability insurance; and paid leave, including parental leave, as well as reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity and inclusive employer with a dedicated and committed workforce, and do not discriminate based on gender, gender identity, religion, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or disability.
Learn more about working at the World Bank and IFC, including our values and inspiring stories.