Finance Officer Job at Action Against Hunger
Action Against Hunger is an international humanitarian organisation committed to ending world hunger. For almost 44 years, across nearly 50 countries, we have been working to fight undernutrition and support communities affected by crisis across the globe.
We carry out innovative, lifesaving programmes in Health, Nutrition, Water, Sanitation and Hygiene, Disaster risk reduction, Mental Health and Care Practices, Food security and Livelihoods, and Social Protection.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Finance Officer
Job Location: Sokoto
Job type: Full Time
Career level: Mid Level
Proposed start date: June 2023
Reporting to: Logistics and Admin Manager
- Prepare cash count & bank reconciliation statement at the end of each month;
- To ensure bank books & cash book are closed, reconciled & sent to capital on monthly basis together with the bank reconciliation & cash counts;
- Ensure that all the accountancy documents are scanned and archived before sending the originals to the capital;
- Manage the advances, ensuring invoices are received and that they are consistent with the ACTION AGAINST HUNGER's procedures (invoice accurate and signed);
- Archive financial files as per ACTION AGAINST HUNGER archiving guidelines, keep copies at the base & send original to capital on monthly basis;
- Organize & lead monthly BFU meetings at the base & provide updates to Deputy HOD Finance for each grant;
- Monitor level of over/underspending per budget lines and provide feedback to deputy Finance HoD;
- Inform the Deputy HOD Finance for any information which impact the grant financial status;
- Review donor guidelines and ensure flexibility is respected;
- Verify accuracy of and pay vouchers for the allowances of stakeholder, seconded staff and daily workers;
- Prepare the Bi-weekly cash transfer request to be submitted to the HOD Finance;
- Verify & cross check all base monthly financial documents are correctly allocated & completed as per ACTION AGAINST HUNGER archiving guidelines;
- Alert on suspicion of fraud and corruption through the appropriate channel;
- Sensitize the team on the management of fraud and corruption risks.
- Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree equivalent in Accounting/Finance;
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in NGO financial management;
- Exceptional organization, time management, and attention to detail;
- Professionalism, honesty, reliability, autonomy & strong sense of responsibility;
- Committed to ACF values;
- Capacity of analysis, synthesis and reporting;
- Strong accounting skills;
- Prior experience in NGOs/INGOs;
- Experience with SAGA accounting system;
- Previous Knowledge of donors environment;
- Very good communication & training skills;
- Ability to maintain confidentiality;
- Strong computer skills particularly in MS Excel, literacy and numeracy;
- Fluent in English;
- Experience with computerized accounting systems; knowledge of SAGA would be a plus;
- Exceptional organization and planning skills, ability to manage and follow work plans
- Highly developed interpersonal, communication, able to negotiate, influence, give effective feedback, be a team player;
- Able to manage stress effectively, juggle competing priorities, balance various programmatic, logistic and team needs;
- Champion of ACTION AGAINST HUNGER Charter values of; Professionalism, Transparency, Neutrality, Access to Victims and Non-Discrimination.
Starting Basic Salary and Benefit
- NGN326,033 / Month (excluding other benefits)
- Other benefits include but not limited to 100% health care coverage, free and direct access to Cross Knowledge e-learning platform.
- Our employees enjoy a work culture that promotes diversity and inclusion
- Action Against Hunger provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
- Women at ACF are entitled to benefits such as maternity leave, compassionate leave for a hospitalized child and creche facilities for babies and toddlers.
- All candidates MUST ensure they answer all the questions asked for this application. Failure to do so means candidates will not be considered for the process.