Sr Production Supervisor (Shift B)
DescriptionSr Production Supervisor (Shift B)
Boston Scientific's hybrid workplace includes remote and onsite roles. By applying to this position, you will have the opportunity to discuss your preferred working location with your Talent Acquisition Specialist.Remote Eligible: Onsite Onsite Location(s): Coyol, CR
Additional Locations: Costa Rica-Coyol
Diversity - Innovation - Caring - Global Collaboration - Winning Spirit - High Performance
At Boston Scientific, we recognize that nurturing a diverse and inclusive workplace helps us be more innovative and it is important in our work of advancing science for life and improving patient health. That is why we stand for inclusion, equality, and opportunity for all. By embracing the richness of our unique backgrounds and perspectives, we create a better, more rewarding place for our employees to work and reflect the patients, customers, and communities we serve. Boston Scientific is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and has been recognized with the Catalyst Award in 2022, a prestigious recognition of diversity, equity and inclusion excellence. Also, we have a Gender Equality Policy to support our compromise.
Boston Scientific's hybrid workplace includes WFH and onsite. You will have the opportunity to discuss details in the interview.
About the role:
Directly responsible for the production, as well as line personnel.
Your Responsibilities Include:
- Oversee operations efficiency and standardization.
- Directly responsible for the production and quality of the product, as well as line personnel.
- Analyze and evaluate process improvements in order to reduce defects and scrap and/or improving yields.
- Follow procedures established for each operation, and keep work areas organized and clean at all times.
- Participate and/or lead problem solving processes, whether due to increasing trends on complaints, defects, scrap, or low productivity, among others.
- Support employee-safety oriented initiatives: rotation programs of line personnel, use of safety equipment in the production area, and EH&S awareness programs.
- Support EHS management system: responsible of understand, know, and apply EHS policy. Responsible to acknowledge and inform the environmental aspects and health and safety risks relevant to mitigate, reduce and eliminate impact during operations.
What we're looking for:
- Bachelor degree in Industrial Engineering or Related Field.
- Experience: At least 5 years
- English Level desired: 70-79%.
- Desired knowledge: Problem Solving, Methodologies; Lean Tools: 5S, CQE y/o APICs Certification desirable.
Requisition ID: 564180
As a leader in medical science for more than 40 years, we are committed to solving the challenges that matter most – united by a deep caring for human life. Our mission to advance science for life is about transforming lives through innovative medical solutions that improve patient lives, create value for our customers, and support our employees and the communities in which we operate. Now more than ever, we have a responsibility to apply those values to everything we do – as a global business and as a global corporate citizen.
So, choosing a career with Boston Scientific (NYSE: BSX) isn’t just business, it’s personal. And if you’re a natural problem-solver with the imagination, determination, and spirit to make a meaningful difference to people worldwide, we encourage you to apply and look forward to connecting with you!
Benefits • Life-Work Integration • Community • Career Growth
At Boston Scientific, you will find a collaborative culture driven by a passion for innovation that keeps us connected on the most essential level. With determination, imagination, and a deep caring for human life, we’re solving some of the most important healthcare industry challenges. Together, we’re one global team committed to making a difference in people’s lives around the world. This is a place where you can find a career with meaningful purpose—improving lives through your life’s work.
Job Segment: Production Manager, Industrial Engineer, Industrial, Environmental Health & Safety, Engineer, Manufacturing, Engineering, Healthcare